Thursday, August 23, 2007

guest=clean house

I would never say that my house in "dirty", but it can be very untidy at times. This, of course, is the direct product of two children under the age of 3, and a 13 year old that is of the understanding that we as parents are here strictly to do her bidding. This is why I enjoy having company over. There is always a mad panic to make sure that the house is clean and kept, even if its just for a friend to come over and have some beers. It starts with making sure the kitchen is clean, and quickly evolves into full scrub of the floor, the bathroom nearly gets remodeled, sofas are moved etc. And, this all takes place in a matter of 1.5 hours. Sometimes I feel this is the only way my house would ever be maintained.

5 comments:

GETkristiLOVE said...

My boyfriend and I finally broke down and got a maid - and we don't even have kids. It's wonderful. We both love it as we really like a clean house but don't want to take the time to do it. Best money we ever spend!

Jenny Jenny Flannery said...

Two kids under three? That's a fun time (I've been there, mate).

Nothing like a little scrutiny to light the fire in one's inner maid. Though, I would LOVE to have a real maid. Someday.

Morris "Mo" Wanchuk said...

very curious as to what that costs you GKL?

Major Bedhead said...

This is why we need to have company over more frequently. Although that kitchen floor is still kind of manky.

GETkristiLOVE said...

It's $80 and we get service once every other week. If we had kids (or get more than one cat), we might up it to weekly.

That's the cost of going out to eat once a week. I'd rather stay home, eat pizza and get my house cleaned!